Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun times with Good Friends

A few Saturday's ago I was able to have a lot of fun with some of the ladies from our newlywed class. We made a whole bunch of cookies for VBS...chocolate chip, no-bake, and rice crispy treats. I'm not sure exactly how many we made, but our goal was to make a little over a thousand!! Suffice it to say we made a whole lot. My job was to make several trays of rice crispy treats. I actually made them in the microwave. I'd never done that before, but I WILL be doing it again. It was a ton faster that way. I really wanted to try a "taste test", but I refrained! It was so much fun getting to know some of the other ladies in our class. I always love these functions, because I always ended up meeting someone new or getting to know someone better!
After our "bakeathon" a few of us headed out to the beach for some time in the waves and sun. When we got there it was raining, but after huddling under an umbrella for a few minutes the sun came out and we were able to have a blast. I'm sure it was quite entertaining to the other people on the beach to see six ladies huddled under 1 beach unbrella! I miss the mountains of Colorado, but I really do enjoy being able to go to the beach whenever we want!!
Roderick and I ended the day trying out a "whole-in-the-wall" Turkish restaurant with a couple from church. I'm not exactly sure what I ate, but it was sure good! = ) We ended the meal with some baklava! ( At least I had heard of that before!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, no comment yet. Sorry it's taken me sooo long to finally get to your blog. Great enter! Thanks for sharing with us!!! It's fun to know what you're up to.
    Love, Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,
    I've been looking for my old college suitemate, Becky Dunning, from Memphis, and I stumbled upon your blog. Her son's name is Roderick. She moved with her two boys to Colorado several years ago, but I'd love to catch up with her. If she is your mother-in-law, could you please tell her I would love to hear from her? My email is lorihansom@gmail.com. I really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Lori Hansom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl...things have been a little crazy, but fun. I love summer. Cute pics, especially the one at the top. The purple is really pretty. Hope you guys are ready for another semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! we were trying out a bunch of different hand soaps and lotions. . .even the guys did it too! I was impressed;) It was very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3