Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!

It finally feels like fall here. The trees are beginning to change and the weather certainly has a slight nip to it. I love the changing of seasons! I'm certainly enjoying all the fun things of fall... candy corn, pumpkin carving, cider, chili....Oh, and Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from Dairy Queen. (The blizzard is amazingly good, but BEWARE they can also become very addictive!)
Last weekend I was able to go to a Fall Newlywed event where we had some wonderful soups, deserts, some games, AND a pumpkin carving competition. I do love a good competition! No I didn't win the competition, but I sure had fun. I can't wait to carve again, this time with Roderick...he missed the activity because of work. However, I'm not sure I'll get him to try it again. Yesterday, my wonderful husband had to transport this lovely pumpkin to the trash can. Suffice it to say it was ALREADY a very moldy, stinky mess! The bottom even feel out as he transported it to the trash can. EWWWW! Never heard of pumpkins molding in a week. I've always had pumpkins for a long time...not sure where I went wrong with this one. At least I got a picture!
Hope your weekend is great...and you don't experience any trouble with Nasty rotten pumpkins!

4 comments:

  1. wow! I am very impressed with your pumpkin carving skills! WAnt to come carve ours??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!FINALLY!!
    Loved your pumpkin! It was very cute. I haven't carved one yet this year, but hope to do it soon. This year the pumpkin will come from our garden. :) Mike carved one and I took pictures. I'll send them soon.
    Sorry to hear about how quickly it molded. (At least it wasn't grapes!Ha Ha)
    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! loved the pumpkin... Jen's in a compition to carving one, this weekend like cinderella caridge. I think it will be pretty awesome...Too bad it molded so fast :(
    Ti-ti

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep! Free coffee if you vote--great, huh?!

    Happy voting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3