Well, my week long break turned in to a month long break. Not from Internet, but from this blog. I have several blogs in my head, but I decided to start with my 2011 goals. They are nothing special, but I decided to still put them up for the accountability. So here it goes:
* Menu plan for every week.
* Try out a least one new recipe every week
* Continue to work on coupons and getting the best deals at the lowest prices.
January- I've started the year off well. One of my gifts from my husband was $5 dinners by Erin Chase of $5dollardinners.com. We've already add a few favorites to our list. Menu planning certainly does make cooking easier. I don't know why I stop doing it!
* Go through whole house at least once (preferably twice) and organize and get rid of junk.
*Make every effort to keep house straight. (Pretty generic, but still on the list.)
January - Started out well so far doing one room a week. Christmas didn't come down until the week before last...far later than it has ever happened before! Last week I organized the laundry area. This week I've started on the kitchen. Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow!
* Try to accomplish at least one craft project a month.
January - The next post will be a display of this months "craft" It has something to do with the picture at the end of this post I posted several months ago. I ended up winning the giveaway associated with Jonquils and ladybug's Technology fast. My prize... a box full of fabric scraps, an awesome pincushion , and a book of inspirational crafts! Didn't get a picture because I was too busy digging into all the goodies. Definitely going to be seeing some of it in my post tomorrow!
* Go to New York City for 30th bday! My ultimate goal is to finance this with extras, such as craigslist sales, rebates, etc.We'd love any ideas of things to do or see from those of you that have been there. I am SO excited!!!
January - I signed up for groupon in New York City and living social. Plus I've been able to get a nice start on my savings. We are currently at about 20% but I'm working on it!
* Read at least 6 books.
Here's some that are on my list:
* A Life that Says Welcome: Simple Ways to Open Your Heart and Home to Others ~ Karen Ehman
* Don't Waste Your Life ~ John Piper
* Because He Loves Me ~ Elyse M. Fitzpatrick
* Dave Ramsey book
January - Not too great, but I have at least started Because He Love Me
So there you go... my goals for 2011. So excited to see what the Lord has in store for this year!