I've been having fun painting lately thanks to the inspiration I've received from Sarah. (see her blog here.) This is the first time I attempted to use some paper in the painting. After finishing the project I painted on a coat of modge podge. This is the result.
I guess the moral of the story is don't use modge podge over gell pen ink!!! I was able to repaint just the edging. Then I used modge podge again over the whole painting. Finally I used the gell pen again. Probably not how you are supposed to do paintings, but it works for me! I'd love to be able to improve my skill so I can create cards/prints like Sarah. Maybe someday. For now the paintings will just hang in our house!