Monday, December 7, 2009

:Polka dots: Lime Green: Red: Korker ribbon: Love:

Christmas tree last year....
This year's Christmas tree...

We decided to change up the colors of the tree a little bit. The inspiration....

... made for one of the craft fairs last year. This one did not sell, but that's okay it looks great on our tree! Who knew last year as I was planning the new tree in my mind that the look would be so popular this year. I've tried to severely limit my purchasing and only use what I have on hand. It's been hard because there is some extremely cute lime green/red stuff out this year. (Even some really cute polka dotted stuff!). I've made it for the most part and only have new things that were purchased from garage sales or I receive as gifts.

We really had fun making the korker ribbon accessories. Korker isn't just for little girls hair. It's for big girls trees! I created them in my mind for this tree last year, even went as far as purchasing all the supplies, but didn't get to until we were actually decorating. Around here we don't refer to them as Korker ribbons though, they've been dubbed "dingle hoppers." I think they add so much to the tree. I think they are my favorite part.... or maybe my favorite is all the little words like Joy, Hope, Peace, Noel scattered throughout the tree or..... I guess I just love it all!

Hope you are enjoying this Christmas season and remembering to celebrate the reason for the season. All the colors and decor are fun, but the true gift is Jesus Christ coming as a babe -perfect God in human form - to save us rotten sinners from ourselves and our depravity. What an amazing gift!

2 comments:

  1. What fun we had putting together that "dingle hopper" tree! Something to put down in our "memories books" and bring back out again when we are having a "missing one another" day.
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Laura! you are such a good decorator!! Hope you and Rod have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3