Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm thankful...

There are so many things I'm thankful for, but several things happened today that make me especially thankful. God is always gracious and good to give me so many special blessings.

Without further ado I'm thankful for...

1) Fall colors that are really starting to peak. It's so wonderful to look out my window and see the beauty of the seasons on God's creation!

2) Delicious meal prepared by a friend.... grilled pork chops, augratin potatoes, veggies, chocolate chip cookies... We were definitely spoiled.

3) Beautiful fall arrangement from the same friend. Flowers just make me happy!
4) Feeling more energetic and "on the mend." I'm able to do lots more and it's looking like I may just be completely 100% before thanksgiving!


5) A clean house!! This is definitely my favorite thing of the day. Last week we decided that we needed to have someone come in to clean the house. Roderick knew that once I was better I'd go crazy and might end up back at the beginning again. I had seen an add in the ValuPack for a place called CustomMaid and the list of things they did was pretty extensive. I called them to find out the price and was definitely surprised at the high price. I told them I'd get back to them. Roderick and I discussed it and decided to check out other places to see if the price was comparable. I then checked my e-mail and the deal for the day on Groupon was for 2 hours from CustomMaid for less than the price of 1 hour! (They had a minimum of 1 1/2 hour policy so it was a huge saving!) I totally see that as a blessing from the Lord! The ladies came today and did a amazing job. They deep cleaned my entire apartment...even the oven! A clean house truly makes life better! (At least it makes my life better.) Now to keep it clean for the next week and a half before my in laws come. I don't think that will be too hard as we like it so much better this way!

3 comments:

  1. I was just about to write you a note to see how you were doing. Great to read your thankfulness. I'm thankful that God brought us to Utah! Question...where will you be around New Years? We'll be visiting our family in CO.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Colorado in August and unfortunately won't be able to go back for the holidays. We're thinking and praying about a weekend trip to NYC though!! (Roderick wants to watch the nutcracker. = ) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I have been totally enjoying the leaves lately myself! I keep hoping they will last for a while. And yay for having a maid come - what a great treat. I'm especially happy to hear you are on the mend. I'll look forward to seeing you out and about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3