Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Christmas Tour

I love joining Nester's annual Christmas Tour every year. This year I don't have as much  decor done as I usually do. Here's my previous year's post 2008 & 2009 if you want to see decor in every room.
Well, without further ado here's our Christmas decor so far... I may do more, but I may not. Simplicity is nice sometimes!
 
I love the polka dots, red, and lime. It makes me happy and I often find myself staring at it! I also find I have loads of pictures of it!!
 
 
 
 
 
The reason for the season! What a wonderful gift God gave us... His perfect Son who came to pay our great debt and give us Salvation! 
The stocking are hung on the bookshelf with care....
Made this wreath with supplies from the dollar store, ribbon that was on my present from my mother-in-law last year and a lovely ornament from my mom! (cost all of $2 to make!) Here's where I got the idea from Nester.  Looks much better in person, I promise!
 
Another wreath from the dollar store. This one cost a little more as it took about 4 bags of peppermints. I loved this one much better...not sure I like the shape or the green showing through, but it will stick around at least for this year.   
 

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our home at Christmas time. If you are not coming from there go check out Nester's links...there's a lot of beautiful homes this year!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so cute! I love the wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Laura! Very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...now I have great ideas for when G and I get our "forever" home. We're in a condo right now while we wait for the Lord to provide a house for us. Meanwhile, we're making do with our 18 inch artificial tree that came w/ lights (all of my Christmas decor is in storage). Great job, Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the candy wreath would be good in our house- I would be tempted to lick it just for fun.... :P How come you don't have pics of your imitation tree??? (you know, the tree idea you stole from me...) Very nice pics of the read and green... looks like you still had enough energy to put up christmas stuff.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, This is all we did this year. Kept it simple so no "immitation" tree. I definitely am very thankful I had enough energy to decorate and that I did it before I decided to overdue it shopping and got myself on the couch again with extremely sore knees!!! What is the Lord trying to teach me??? Guess I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3