Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend in photos

Our first thanksgiving in our home was a success. My legs gave out right before we ate and I was on the couch the rest of the night, but we still have a great day. The food was wonderful and the fellowship fabulous!

The turkey that was amazingly moist due to a frequent dosing of apple cider on a cheese cloth covering it. It was also the turkey that took 7 hours instead of 4 hours to cook! Let just say we ate the sides first.
Roderick's first time carving the turkey. He did a great job....
....but got a little TOO into it! He kind of scared me.

Table decorations
The whole crew: (Left to Right) Chris and Kristen {our downstairs neighbors and Roderick's carpool buddy}, Us, Becky and Bruce {Roderick's Mom and Step-dad}
The next day we enjoyed a trip to the beach and the Neptune statue. No trip to VA is complete without a trip to a beach. No black Friday shopping for me this year, but that's okay I'm sure I saved money in the long run!
The following day Saturday we went up to the Colonial Williamsburg area. Becky and I didn't make it past the shops, but the boys enjoyed a little tour of the town.
{Loved this wreath outside one of the shops!}
The visit to Colonial Williamsburg was followed by a stop at the Yankee Candle factory. Santa Claus was there and we enjoyed watching the kids reactions to him. Let's just say there were a lot of tears from most of the ones we watched. {Guess the jolly guy is a little frightening.}
{snow falling inside the Christmas shop}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3