Saturday, March 20, 2010

Groceries for a steal

This week I purposely avoided the drugstores. 1.) The deals were not as good as I like and I didn't really need anything. 2) I planned on using a couple of the instant wins I won on Kroger's March Madness instant win game. I was also hoping to get some of my husband's favorite salsa - La Victoria - that I can only find at Kroger. I was able to use my reward's to print out 2 nice $4 off 2 coupons before I left. I was HIGHLY disappointed when they told me at the check-out that starting the previous Sunday (three days before I was shopping!) they no longer take Internet coupons for more than $1 off because they were having too much fraud! (The deals are great without cheating...come on guys don't ruin it for the rest of us. ) I decided to not get the salsa since I couldn't use the coupons, but I'm going to check on that. Any one else heard about this? Okay enough complaining, here's the deals I was able to get...
Kroger: $18.55
Saved $16.88 (48%)
Hot deals: Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 1.99lb Strawberries 1.88 Hershey Syrup 1.76 -cheapest I've seen around town without coupons Freebies: Kraft cheese - won on the instant win game King size Reese cup - won on the instant win game Star Vinegar - free coupon from company survey
Farm Fresh: $4.21
Saved $6.00 (60%)
Received a $4 Catalina

Freebies - 6 Free boxes of cereal for Grace Supplies!

(Melody and I went before church to make sure we were able to get the deal. We were able to use the Catalina on our transactions later that day.)

Farm Fresh: $13.72

Saved: 21.49 (62%)

Hot deals:

Oreo Cakesters - .19 used $1 off 1 coupon

10 lbs of potatoes - 2.00 used BOGO coupon

Roma Tomatoes - .98 lb

Petite Sirloin - 1.98lb!

Toaster Strudel - .29 (2) - used 2 $1 off 1 coupons (Definitely not on the healthy list, but this is Roderick's favorite quickie breakfast. We splurge on this treat when the deal is this low!)

Red Barron french bread pizza - $2 used $1 off 1 coupon

Eddy's ice cream - 1.99 no coupon needed (Another splurge treat... should last us awhile though since we don't eat much sweets.)

Freebies:

Johnson & Johnson safety swabs (2) - used 2 $1 off 1 coupons

Viva towel - used .85 off 1 coupon (Our favorite brand!)

Harris Teeter: $4.85

Saved $6.15 ( 56%)

Hot Deals:

Large Cantaloupe 1.74

80% lean hamburger 1.47lb Organic Green Onion .50

Sudafed PE on clearance - .04 after $2 off coupon (another great Grace Supplies donation!)

Freebies:

Wishbone dressing (2) - used two .75 off coupons ( I felt like the Lord gave me this one. I recently heard that the Balsamic Vinaigrette is a great marinade. I wanted to try it out, but didn't want to pay the regular price when I know I can get it cheap. This was an unadvertised deal that I happened upon. Hey, little things make me happy!)

So I was able to get all of this.....For $41.83!

Total for month so far $120.26!

So far just a few cents over my $40 week/ $200 goal! Should be able to do that because we are very stocked up, even with the way my husband eats. He's 6' 4" and must have hollow legs. I rarely have leftovers even when I cook for 6- 8 people and there's only 2 of us. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body! ( Wish I could say the same about me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3