Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Favorites - the blog edition again!

Found a lot of these yesterday while wasting time... wasn't feeling too hot since I had massive canker sores in my mouth and on my tongue. I should get used to them as I have had them pretty much constantly since I was 16, but sometimes they get the best of me. They think I have a "syndrome" that is causing them. Yuk!
Without further ado here's some great blogs and ideas I want to try or buy:
I've been loving this type of shirt for awhile, but I love even more being able to make it myself. So much cheaper than buying one from J.Crew! (Which the frugal in me won't do. HAHA.) Love her detailed instructions, but I still think I'll wait till we go to Colorado so I can have my mom's wisdom when I try it out!
Oh, and check out this gorgeous rosette!
Yes, she made it herself AND she tells you how she did! Love all the ideas she gives. I'm thinking I need to make one for a necklace, shoes, a shirt...love it all! Oh, and did I mention it looks easy to make and its cheap!
You Craft Me Up! - Okay this girls has talent and lots of it. Check out what she did with her KitchenAid mixer!
Before & After

I guess they make a spray paint for appliances. Who knew??? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to actually try it as I LOVE my Kitchen Aid and I'd hate to ruin it. I love how it turned out and it is quite tempting though! I'm wondering if I could try it out on say a toaster... those are easy to replace! Would you try it??
Lula Belle- This site has lots of simple craft ideas. I'm thinking about trying my hand at these...

I know Asher would love them and they'd probably make great gifts!
- She makes the cutest quilts! (Plus she's having a giveaway right now too!) Here's a couple of my favorite items from her Etsy shop. Babysitting Asher twice a week is semi-dangerous. I now have a "excuse" to get some fun baby toys/supplies ! So far I've been good and have kept his toy supply small and mostly from yard sales. Maybe I'll splurge for his one year birthday! If you knew this baby you'd know why we LOVE to spoil him. He's has the best personality. It's amazing how well you get to know a baby when you watch them twice a week for 5 months. (2 months on...) Loving those baby cuddles! Okay I digress here's what I'd get if I had all the money in the world. Actually if that was the case I'd get a couple of quilts too!!

1 comment:

  1. Fun ideas!! Let's get sewing!!

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. They brighten my day. I love each and every one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0 3